Wednesday, April 18, 2012

School and conventions don't mix (mini rant)

When April comes around I call it con season b/c thats when I start my convention going.  Last year I went to three almost back to back but that was b/c they spread out pretty nicely.  Well no such luck this year.

First off my school decides to push back the date for when we get out.  Which means we get out earlier which is awesome and terrible at the same time.  By getting out earlier it gives me less time to pull up grades!  And I can use all the time in the world right now for that!  This also means more finals bunched together! ToT

Second, one of the major cons I go to pushed back their date as well! So now it's the weekend after another con that I usually attend!  So now I had to cut one of the cons and just attend two.  Aaaanndd I won't have my cosplays done for one of the cons (which happens to be this friday!) I guess I'm glad that at least I will have my cosplays done before the bigger con though.  I'm not upset over not cosplaying at the smaller con.

I don't know if you guys understand, but trying to make costumes and do homework AND study for finals is hard as shit.  I know school is more important and it comes first but I have the worst sense when it comes to priorities!  uuugghhh I know I should concentrate on school work but that unsewn fabric is calling my name! -cries- This is why I'm mainly upset at this year b/c I feel like everything is being rushed.  If I slow down for a sec I will be behind on everything!

But to fill you all in on what cosplays I'm doing, I will be two hopefully. The one I know for sure I will have done will be Coco Macne Black from Macloids. Macloids are basically vocaloids specifically for mac computers.

This is what she looks like:
























now w/ her I'm almost done but my other one that I'm worried that I won't be able to finish is my female version of Garterbelt from the anime "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt."

it will look something like this (the character in the middle):





















I have the scarf done, the wig, the boots and the garter belt but what I don't have made yet is the dress. And I fear I won't have time to finish it b/c I'm still working on Coco ToT Imma cross my fingers lol.

I guess I never mentioned but the bigger con that I speak of that I can't wait to go to is called Anime Central a.k.a Acen and it's held in Chicago. I booked my own room this year and my roomies are my bestie Lori and my good friends Lisha, Tomo and Jax....also my bf will be staying in my room as well. This will be tomo's first con by the way and I know she will have a blast! Tomo will also be cosplaying there as Jinx the pokemon lol. I'm really looking forward to this con b/c last year I had a TERRIBLE time! I don't even feel like talking about it, just know I was pissed most of the time I was there. Shit went  all kinds of wrong. BUT this year shall be it's redemption! >8D I plan on taking a shit load of pics and I can't wait to blog about it!



Here are some gifs that express my excitement: 









2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a convention, it seemed like when I had a job and wanted to go, my friends weren't interested in going. Now that I'm broke as crap, they all wanna go. Oh fml. LOL. But I hope everything works out well for you. And I'm sure your costume will look great! I can't wait to see! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're going to ACen! Hopefully I'll see you there :)
    I've never seen Macloids either so I'm interested in seeing how your costume looks.
    My finals week starts the Monday after ACen so I feel your pain about school >.< I'm cramming a bunch of homework and studying in this weekend so I can enjoy the con lol

    ReplyDelete